Tanja Zakelj. 2 times European XCO Champion. Mule.
“This race made my day, my life and just about everything,” said ecstatic Tanja after she claimed her second consecutive European title. She won in Bern on the technical and wet course, today she won under the hot sun on a very non-technical course."
We have supplied the Unior Tools bike team with MuleBars, Kicks gels (see left!) and ReFuel protein bars for 2 seasons. Something must be right.
Tanja has just won the European XCO for the 2nd time in a row.
A bit of info' about Tanja which come courtsey of the Unior website:
Tanja Žakelj is one of the fastest female mountain bikers on the planet. She had great career till 2013, but this was the season where she exploded. After podium finish in Albstad she won events in Czech Republic and Italy, took the white jersey of the World Cup leader and never took it off. She genuinely loves eating MuleBars, Cherry Bomb Kicks are a fave' of hers.
Hometown: Ledine, Slovenia
Personal website: www.tanjazakelj.com
Racing career highlights:
- 2013: Overall UCI MTB World Cup winner XCO women elite
- 2013: 5th place on UCI MTB World Championships in Pietermaritzburg
- 2013: European XCO Champion (Bern)
- 2013: 1st place on the World Cup XCO events in Nove Mesto and Val di Sole
- 2012: Olympic Games 10th
- 2011: XCO European Championships 3rd
- 2010: XCO World Championships 4th, XCO European championship 3rd, XCO World Cup Houffalize 2nd, U23 XCO World Cup Offenburg 2nd, U23 XCO World Cup Champery 2nd, U23 XCO World Cup Val di Sole 1st, U23 XCO World Cup Windham 1st U23
- 2008: XCO U23 World Champion, U23 European Vice-Champion
- 2006: XCO World and European Junior Champion
- 2005: XCO World Championships, Junior 3rd