Vegan protein bar 42g
- No whey, it's plant based
- 25% pea protein (10g per bar)
- Perfect after your training for recovery
- Best before date : September 14th 2024
This vegan strawberry almond protein bar has been around since 2008 and is a firm favourite in the range. It contains puffed rice which makes it very airy and slightly crunchy.
Protein is one of the 3 macronutrients found in our diet, along with fat and carbohydrates. It is necessary for our bodies to function properly.
A sedentary adult needs to consume 0.8g per kg of body weight (a man weighing 80kg needs 64g per day). A sporty adult (a trailer, for example) or one who wants to build muscle mass can consume up to 2g per kg of body weight, i.e. 160g of protein per day.
Unlike protein bars generally made from Whey (from milk), this bar is not at all pasty or floury when chewed, thanks to the use of vegetable pea protein.
It's perfect for recovering after a competition or a good sports session (proteins help rebuild muscle cells broken during exercise) or as a snack for a treat.
This 42g bar is certified Vegan and contains 10.5g of protein.
Here are the benefits of the ingredients in the Mulebar almond and strawberry protein bar:
- Brown rice syrup is a sugar produced by fermenting rice. It is an excellent alternative to sugars because it allows the body to assimilate them gradually. It has a mild flavour and a honey-like consistency.
- Almonds are high in energy. Several studies have shown that regular consumption of almonds lowers "bad cholesterol" and has a cardioprotective effect. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant, fighting free radicals.
- Pea protein is an excellent source of protein and is easy to digest. It is considered to be the most hypoallergenic. Pea protein is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids.
- Figs are one of the most energy-rich fruits. Its carbohydrates are quickly assimilated, making it a precious ally for physical activity and endurance sports. Figs are also rich in dietary fibre, which promotes intestinal transit and helps combat constipation.
- The soya protein balls give this bar lots of crunch, making it very light and pleasant to eat. Soya protein helps to build muscle mass. Rich in amino acids, it helps fight bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of cardiovascular accidents.
- Grapes are a good antioxidant. They are rich in fibre and vitamins, and aid digestion.
- Dried strawberries are rich in nutrients and can offer many health benefits. Dried strawberries contain a large amount of vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system.
- Sunflower oil is very good for your health thanks to its high Omega 6 content. It prevents cholesterol, strengthens the immune system and promotes cell growth. It's also an excellent endocrine regulator!
When it's good and well done, there's no reason to hide it!
Serving suggestions :
Before or during a sports session, during a race or a competition, one bar every 30 to 45 minutes depending on the intensity of the physical effort, or as a snack if you're feeling a bit peckish.
Why use pea protein in this strawberry almond vegan bar?
The main advantage of the yellow pea is its nutritional value as it is composed of 80% protein.
Rich in nutrients, it is very digestible.
It is an excellent alternative to animal proteins such as whey
|of which saturates (g)||1,1||0,5|
|of which sugars (g)||30,7||12,9|
Rice syrup, almonds (20%), Pea protein (13%), Figs, Soy protein crisp (Soy protein isolate, Tapioca starch, Calcium Carbonate, salt) 11%, Raisins, Freeze dried Strawberry pieces 4,5%, Orange with peel powder, Sunflower oil
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, please see ingredients in bold. This all-natural bar may contain small traces of shells or peels. This product is manufactured in a facility where the following allergens are present: walnuts, sesame seeds, milk, soy and other cereals containing gluten.