Growing up my main sport was field hockey. Then at university I became more involved in triathlon and various running events such as the 3000m steeplechase, half marathons, cross country and off road running.
In 2004 I did my first mountain running championship race and qualified for worlds in Italy. It was there that I fell in love with the sport, the travel, the environment and the people.
So in 2005 I set off backpacking around the EU racing in the Grand Prix and World Championship series. I discovered adventure racing in the UK for Team INOV-8 where we raced (and won) some international events such as the SalomonMXR.
After 4 years with INOV-8 I joined the Salomon UK family and focused on mountain/trail marathons, one of the first being the Everest marathon.
* Sky Running Ultra Series & World Championships
* World Long Course Mountain Running Championships
* Fastest Time Record Attempt
* World 100 Mile Championships The Grand Raid
* 1st Everest Marathon (new record holder by 27 minutes)
* 1st WorldMountain Running Grand Prix Series 2008
* 1st TransRockies Run3 – Colorado 2010
* 1st Table Mountain Challenge – South Africa (new record)
* 1st TransVulcania Ultra Trail 50 mile - La Palma (new record 8.10hrs)
* 1st Speed Goat 50km – Utah, USA
* 1st Manaslu Mountain Trail Race – Nepal
* 1st Everest Sky Race – Nepal
* 1st Colorado Trail – La Reunion